I need to be stabilised

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello.

I have been creating amateur videos, subject wild life, mostly birds for about 15 years. All of my video has been made on foot or in hides. Both of these methods work OK with a tripod. I have been using camcorders. You don’t have to be able to read between the lines to see that a professional video maker would cast me to one side. But I have hit a problem.

I am heading out for South Africa, birding is my aim but a lion etc. appears then I need to be in a vehicle.In my case it will be a car. I need to know how to stabilise my camcorder using the passenger wind down window. So far a bean bag seems to be tops but my camcorder is still shaking.

Any advice would be welcome.

Camera – Canon Legria HF G30

Participant

The Manfrotto car window mount (Manfrotto Car Window Pod with # 234RC Swivel Tilt Head ) comes to mind immediately. Go on line and you’ll find that Nikon and several other companies make similar clamps. The one advantage of the Manfrotto is the swivel head that comes with the device, which sells for about $70.00

thank you Jack for your very promt reply.I will look into this and let you know how I get on.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap