I need a wireless mic system

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking for a handheld wireless mic system that has a range of at least 400′ or even a little more. It will be used for sideline reporting and other things but when doing sideline reporting it will be a long distance from the base to the mic. I would like to keep it under the $400 mark as we are a school on a budget. I really like the Audio-Technica System 10 Digital Wireless – Handheld System range but it only has a range of 100′ is what they say. Does anyone know of any good deals out there that would work? Thanks.

Participant

Even the very high end pro wireless systems will have problems sending a wireless mic signal 400 ft.
      If I was you, I’d consider finding a place on the sideline close to the action and place your receiver there. From that point run a balanced mic line back to home base.
      I’ve worked on pro sports shows and that’s what we do all the time.

Mike

Participant

Yeah, I kind of figured that out after posting on other forums. With my lack of intelligence I overlooked that I am sending video back up to the booth with a Balun that has sound. All I have to do is hook up the audio from the camera and hook a mic up to the camera and I’ll get my sound up to the booth without wireless.

Participant

Scott. that’s a great solution and one that I never even thought of trying.

Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap