I have some grain problems in my DSLR. Can you help me?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders DSLR’s I have some grain problems in my DSLR. Can you help me?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello! I have a Nikon d3100 with a 18-55mm lens kit, I have problems with grains in the picture in any situation. Is the problem in the kit, in the lighting? I wanted to know if anyone can help me with this, I want to enter the world of cinema as a child, and now that I’m older, I want to be able to get the best of what I have.

Below, some videos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3KOJByfpzmSFzgdeR06KplSF4QmbHn0/view?usp=sharing

Participant

ISO too low, aperture too small, frame rate too high, lighting level too low – or a combination of all that. Has to be one of those really. What settings did you use, and what others have you tried. I suspect you were in a mode that had a limit – so you were in say aperture mode, and it needed to open up more and couldn't, or in a shutter speed mode and ran out of level. Try one of the auto modes and see what happens? Without knowing what settings you used, it's impossible to be definitive Occasionally, I mis-set the dial and start to shoot in an unexpected mocde that works fine, until it doesn't – and if you don't notice, it's too late.

Participant

This is just my opinion because this is a common problem to all DSLR users that I have encountered. Grainy pictures and images are more like an ISO issue. A faster shutter leads to darker images and, on high ISO settings, more noise.

Short Solution: Put your camera on Manual mode and tinker with the settings til you get an image you are relatively satisfied with. Make sure Auto-ISO settings are off.

Hope this one helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap