I have some grain problems in my DSLR. Can you help me?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders DSLR’s I have some grain problems in my DSLR. Can you help me?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello! I have a Nikon d3100 with a 18-55mm lens kit, I have problems with grains in the picture in any situation. Is the problem in the kit, in the lighting? I wanted to know if anyone can help me with this, I want to enter the world of cinema as a child, and now that I’m older, I want to be able to get the best of what I have.

Below, some videos

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d3KOJByfpzmSFzgdeR06KplSF4QmbHn0/view?usp=sharing

Participant

ISO too low, aperture too small, frame rate too high, lighting level too low – or a combination of all that. Has to be one of those really. What settings did you use, and what others have you tried. I suspect you were in a mode that had a limit – so you were in say aperture mode, and it needed to open up more and couldn't, or in a shutter speed mode and ran out of level. Try one of the auto modes and see what happens? Without knowing what settings you used, it's impossible to be definitive Occasionally, I mis-set the dial and start to shoot in an unexpected mocde that works fine, until it doesn't – and if you don't notice, it's too late.

Participant

This is just my opinion because this is a common problem to all DSLR users that I have encountered. Grainy pictures and images are more like an ISO issue. A faster shutter leads to darker images and, on high ISO settings, more noise.

Short Solution: Put your camera on Manual mode and tinker with the settings til you get an image you are relatively satisfied with. Make sure Auto-ISO settings are off.

Hope this one helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

A Lighting Buyer’s Guide

The best lights for video production — 2020

Lighting needs run the gamut, from huge budget productions to small, DIY vloggers, and there’s something for every niche. This article will explain what to think about before buying lights and provide a list of the best video lights currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap