Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Videomaker › Videomaker Challenge › Challenge 6: Improve Your Color › Hows my color? Just enough saturation?
- April 4, 2016 at 12:37 PM #89501kskwon90Member
- April 5, 2016 at 10:27 PM #213780JackWolcottParticipant
It’s a matter of taste. For me it’s way too saturated; it has an artificial look, kind of like a slick magazine ad. Maybe that’s what you’re going for, though.
- April 6, 2016 at 9:05 AM #213782jrdaddykinsParticipant
I agree with Jack. Reds and oranges are particularly vivid. I would de-saturate the reds twice as much as the greens and blues.
- April 6, 2016 at 7:23 PM #213787Grinner HesterParticipant
but it’s up to you or the client. as art is and always will be… subjective If you like it, man go with it loud and proud. Finding your look is as important as a guitarist who can tell us who he is with one note
- May 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM #283015photoartkParticipant
I observe a trend to oversaturating. I prefer cinema-like real-life-like saturation.
- June 21, 2019 at 11:16 AM #72018103bobspezParticipant
The blues are fine but the pinks seem overdone.
- July 12, 2019 at 12:24 AM #72019358randybonnetteParticipant
I’m working on the projects based on the color scheme for color blind users. People are trying hard and eventually the trend is just oversaturating. And yeah, it’s complicated. Depending on the angle, the color may be drastically perceived and in may cases it makes the video worthless. @essaysagency
- This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by randybonnette.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.