Hows my color? Just enough saturation?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

It’s a matter of taste. For me it’s way too saturated; it has an artificial look, kind of like a slick magazine ad. Maybe that’s what you’re going for, though.

Participant

I agree with Jack. Reds and oranges are particularly vivid. I would de-saturate the reds twice as much as the greens and blues.

Participant

but it’s up to you or the client. as art is and always will be… subjective If you like it, man go with it loud and proud. Finding your look is as important as a guitarist who can tell us who he is with one note

Participant

I observe a trend to oversaturating. I prefer cinema-like real-life-like saturation.

Participant

The blues are fine but the pinks seem overdone.

randybonnetterandybonnette
      Participant

I’m working on the projects based on the color scheme for color blind users. People are trying hard and eventually the trend is just oversaturating. And yeah, it’s complicated. Depending on the angle, the color may be drastically perceived and in may cases it makes the video worthless. @essaysagency

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by randybonnetterandybonnette.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
homicide-bootstrap