How would I Shoot a “Piano-Guys – Like” Music Video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique DIY How would I Shoot a “Piano-Guys – Like” Music Video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking at doing a music video in the style of the Piano-Guys (of course, not quite as crazy, or as big a budget), haha 🙂

The guy (who plays a classical guitar) that I am doing the video with is going to record it at a music studio and then we will sync it up with various locations and the like. This is the first time I have done a project like this. I have shot multiple wedding videos / short films but I have never done a music video.Â

My question is, what is the easiest way to sync up the music video playing with the studio recording?

What else should I know about this kind of a video shoot? :)Â

Thanks a lot!

Participant

You will want to play back the studio-recorded audio on each location, both through monitors on set so the talent can match their playing/action to the recording, AND onto one of your camera’s audio tracks. In the edit, you use the audio track on the camera to line up with the fully mixed/eq’d studio audio.

Participant

A Music Video always starts with an audio file of the song your shooting, the videos come after. I think to shoot a decent video, you will need to shoot about 30 retakes of the same song, all in different locations.
      http://www.videomaker.com/search/google/music%20video?query=music%20video&cx=016301996033947342722%3A-xsmlwign8w&cof=FORID%3A11&sitesearch=

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2020

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap