How would I Shoot a “Piano-Guys – Like” Music Video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique DIY How would I Shoot a “Piano-Guys – Like” Music Video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking at doing a music video in the style of the Piano-Guys (of course, not quite as crazy, or as big a budget), haha 🙂

The guy (who plays a classical guitar) that I am doing the video with is going to record it at a music studio and then we will sync it up with various locations and the like. This is the first time I have done a project like this. I have shot multiple wedding videos / short films but I have never done a music video.Â

My question is, what is the easiest way to sync up the music video playing with the studio recording?

What else should I know about this kind of a video shoot? :)Â

Thanks a lot!

Participant

You will want to play back the studio-recorded audio on each location, both through monitors on set so the talent can match their playing/action to the recording, AND onto one of your camera’s audio tracks. In the edit, you use the audio track on the camera to line up with the fully mixed/eq’d studio audio.

Participant

A Music Video always starts with an audio file of the song your shooting, the videos come after. I think to shoot a decent video, you will need to shoot about 30 retakes of the same song, all in different locations.
    http://www.videomaker.com/search/google/music%20video?query=music%20video&cx=016301996033947342722%3A-xsmlwign8w&cof=FORID%3A11&sitesearch=

• Viewing 2 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2020

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your...
    homicide-bootstrap