how to sync playhead with timeline? FCP X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      gabak
      Participant

when i play a video longer that the wide of my screen it wont refresh the timeline where the playhead.
      i got camtasia for windows and i dont have problem, now that i m migration to apple i dont know how to solve that.
      thank you in advance guys

henbc
      Participant

Hi gbak.  I see that you've posted the same question at fcp.co forums.

There is no solution, the "feature" of a stationary playhead does not currently exist in Final Cut Pro X.  

It's a frequently requested option, perhaps Apple will add it in a future update.  Meanwhile, don't waste your time worrying about it, just focus on good editing.

Meanwhile a couple of things that might help you:  

(1) Do you have a Magic Trackpad for your Mac?  I use the "two-finger slide" technique which smoothly flows the visible part of the timeline back and forth across the screen. 

(2) Turn on the skimmer and play with it.  It took a while to get used to, but I like it!

George

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.