Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Video and Film Discussion › how to sync playhead with timeline? FCP X
- March 30, 2014 at 12:22 PM #75236gabakParticipant
when i play a video longer that the wide of my screen it wont refresh the timeline where the playhead.
i got camtasia for windows and i dont have problem, now that i m migration to apple i dont know how to solve that.
thank you in advance guys
- March 30, 2014 at 4:23 PM #210154henbcMember
Hi gbak. I see that you've posted the same question at fcp.co forums.
There is no solution, the "feature" of a stationary playhead does not currently exist in Final Cut Pro X.
It's a frequently requested option, perhaps Apple will add it in a future update. Meanwhile, don't waste your time worrying about it, just focus on good editing.
Meanwhile a couple of things that might help you:
(1) Do you have a Magic Trackpad for your Mac? I use the "two-finger slide" technique which smoothly flows the visible part of the timeline back and forth across the screen.
(2) Turn on the skimmer and play with it. It took a while to get used to, but I like it!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.