How to sync lips

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Two weeks later is my Grand Dad's 80th birthday.  All family members from differnt cities will get together at Grand Dad's place for party.  I am planning to tape a video when everybody singing one section of Cliff Richard's "Summer Holiday" then merge to Cliff Richard's Karaoke video. This is an exciting idea because this is my Grand Dad's favorite songs.  Or make it simple, I put Cliff Richard's MP3 as background music to match my video of each family group singing their own parts. For instance, the first first 4 bars sung by Uncle Bill's family, the second four bars by Auntie Mary's group and so on…..  

I have never done this before, is there any easy way to sync their lips with Cliff Richard's original MP3 sound track ?  What detail planning and technique I need to prepare ?      

Inactive

Hello AAC,

I’ll jump in with a really quick smattering of links and quick thoughts. The video sounds like it has great potential to be fun. One idea that is common for music video production, record the entire song with each person, at each location. Be sure to check the forums for “audio sync” issues, there’s plenty of folks that have similar questions.

Here’s some links:
      MAKING A MUSIC VIDEO – 5 TOP TIPS

THE ART OF MAKING A MUSIC VIDEO

SYNC SOUND: HOW TO WORK WITH POCKET AUDIO RECORDERS

BEST WAY TO SYNC DSLR VIDEO CLIPS TO STANDALONE AUDIO CLIPS?

Participant

Thanks for including my previous post about syncing video to audio, Jackson.

To the Annonymous poster with the question: First of all, this is brilliant! I love the idea that you have about recording your family singing happy birthday and cutting between everyone like a Karaokee type of music video. 

Since you are new to this sort of production, Here is what I would suggest:

Record each person (including your Grand Dad) on your camera with the song playing in the background so each person can sing along on time.

Then, use a program called DreamSync (http://dreamsyncapp.com) to sync each clip to the real song.

From here, you can import those synced clips into a free video editor like Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, or any other program.

I know you'll proably need to learn how to do a simple "cut", which might be difficult to a new users, so I'm willing to do it for you. For free.

But only because I think this is one of the coolest and sweetest things I've ever heard of someone do for their Grandfather. If you can get your clips in order. I'll take care of the rest for you.

Seriously, excellent concept. I would be honored to help you brighten your Grandfather's day.

Feel free to email me at jon@acostaproductions.com and we can talk details. 

Talk soon,

Jon

Thanks for the useful links, Jackson. This article helped me a lot for data sync:
      http://www.iphonetransferrecovery.com/tutorials/transfer-music-from-iphone-6-to-mac.html

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera Support Buyer's Guide

The best advanced camera support for video — 2021

While the camera will always be at the core of your production setup, using the best camera support is vital in getting smooth cinematic shots.
homicide-bootstrap