How to keep effects when doing multicamera editing?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing How to keep effects when doing multicamera editing?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      videodx
      Participant

Using: Sony Vegas Pro 10

I'm just starting to learn about multicamera editing with Vegas. I followed a tutorial I found on Youtube and I get the gist of how everything works.  However, one thing that I need to be able to overcome is this issue about losing effects when I create the single multitrack event.  For example, I drop an event on the timeline, do some color correction and as soon as you click the option to create the multitrack event, Vegas pops up a message that says something to the effect of: "Any efffects, envelopes will be lost."   My question is – WHY?  Does this mean that I'm stuck with what I shot and can't do anything to it if I'm going to use the multicamera editing feature?  Thanks for any assistance on this very annoying problem.

JackWolcott
      Participant

Why don't you post this question over on the Sony Vegas forum. You'll undoubtedly find several people there who use version 10 and who also do multi-camera editing.

Jack

http://www.videoccasions-nw.com

videodx
      Participant

That's really weird because I thought I did post in the Sony Vegas forum?

Cville
      Participant

I recomend looking at setting up a master project in the user guide.  It allows you to apply effects in project and then work with it in another project. 

videodx
      Participant

Thanks, I will look into master projects; actually that sounds useful for something else I need.  In the meantime, I did discover the answer to my original question:  If you apply the effects while the media is still in the bin, i.e. Media FX, then the multicamera editing won't erase those effects. I tested it and it works! 

vid-e-o-man
      Participant

videodx, glad you found the answer to your problem. I think what Jack was suggestion was to go to the Sony creative software site and look at the forum for your  particular software. It may come in handy in the future. Keep shooting.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition, and its...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.