How to create psychedelic backgrounds using After Effects??

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Graphics and Visual Effects How to create psychedelic backgrounds using After Effects??

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone!

I am getting ready to make a video for my friend's band. His idea is to try to emulate the feel of some of those 70's rock videos with the band in front of a green screen(at the time, it was probably blue) and a bunch of psychedelic visuals. Here's a couple examples:

Black Sabbath – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrUmO8PeLEA

Frumpy – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w79Jpl6WXFE

I feel confident in my multicam editing and greenscreen process.. Lighting, placement etc. My problem is with the psychedelic graphics. I can see that Black Sabbath used a lot of still pictures, that I guess they zoomed around and color-cycled through.. Any pointers on that color-cycling technique?

Also, I would REALLY like to pull off the style like in the background of the Frumpy video above, where it will show one band member mirrored a bunch of times, kinda blending together with crazy colors. This would be awesome to be able to pull off.

Any help totally appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Nick

Hi Nick

good job, yes you can get the looks of 70's try using plugins

and one more thing i would like to say, you can do much better keying to get the best output..

Regards

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap