How to connect lights to cealing?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I was hoping someone could advise me how to attach lights with a hot shoe connection, specifically the Neewer CN 160s (http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER%C2%AE-Dimmable-Digital-Camcorder-Panasonic/dp/B004TJ6JH6), to the ceiling?

I am just starting out and I am building a DIY videography studio. These lights are inexpensive and kick out a great amount of lumens for the cost. But I will need a couple of the ceiling to keep my green screen lighting consistent and for my back light.

There has to be a way to connect these to the ceiling? But I cannot for the life of me work out how? I’d assume something is on the market for this but I just don’t know what to google. I’ve tried ‘ceiling hot shoe connection’ and various other ways of saying the same thing but to no avail.

Preferably the attachment would be able to tilt and slightly rotate.

Any advise is welcomed.

Thank you,

Simon

try this “Smith-Victor 575 – Universal to Shoe Mount Adapter” sold at B&H Photo

and this “Impact Wall Plate with 5/8″ Baby Swivel” also sold at B&H photo.

keep in mind that you MUST somehow SECURE the lights to the ceiling in case the hold down brakes away…

lights stands might be a better choice for you!

good luck

Robert

Participant

I agree with Robert in regard to the use of light stands. Overhead lights, unless mounted to a pipe or grid, are potentially dangerous and difficult to adjust without a ladder or step stool.

C-stands or similar light stands will give you a great deal more flexibility; provided you weight the bottom of the stands and secure the power cables for the lights there shouldn’t be any problem with safety.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap