How to add timestamp

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am trying to understand why a simple timestamp feature is being left out of modern profesional camcorders. I shoot depositions for a living and this feature is very necessary. I own a Canon XF200 moving from an Canon XHA1s. The XHA1s had a timestamp, so I assumed the XF200 would as well. But all you can do is character record the time and date. I have removed all other displays from the screen so all you see is the time and date. Only problem is that when I change aperture or other settings, the displays pop up and they are also recorded. I can't have this. Does anyone know how to fix this or hack the camera? I tried talking to Canon but they just blew me off saying not enough people are asking for the feature. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Participant

I'm not familiar with your Canon cameras but with our Sony products the date/time record on-screen is a menu setting. We're using an NX5U and a PXW-X70, the latter almost entirely for legal depositions. Never have had the problem you"re experiencing.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap