How do I finde a tripod?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Guys I need some help…

I bought a Aiptek V5Z6 Video camera  and I can't find any tripods on Aiptek for it. 
      Does anyone know where I can find a matching one, or is there nothing for it?
      Participant

Have you tried going to a local camera store and seeing if they have anything that will suit your purpose?

Mike

Participant

If it's a consumer camcorder it should have a standard mount. Any consumer tripod will fit (camera or camcorder). The only time I've seen a different size is with professional equipment. They tend to be heavier and need a larger mount to handle the weight.

Will

Participant

Most tripod manufacturers have a calculator on their website to help you find a tripod and head that will properly support your camera.  You need to know the weight of your camera, heaviest lens, a battery, and other accesories you might mount on the camera such as a light or wireless reciever.

Here is a link to a configuration app on the Manfrotto website.  You can find similar features on the sachtler website, etc.

http://www.manfrotto.us/Service/Tripod+%2B+Head+Chooser/About+the+Camera+Support+System+Configurator+-+Tripod+%2B+Head+Chooser/3670750

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap