How can I record to HF100 and send to VCR simultaneously?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders How can I record to HF100 and send to VCR simultaneously?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jcoley78@yahoo.com
      Participant

I’m in a jam. I’m recording a deposition this week and thought I had all of the necessary equipment, but now I’m scared. I want to record with a Canon HF 100 while sending its recording/output to a VCR in realtime. I thought I could simply use the mini a/v out, but this only transmitted to the VCR when the camcorder was in playback. There was no signal when recording. Any suggestions?

JackWolcott
      Participant

I'm not familiar with the HF100 but in many cameras there is a menu option that provides for video output while recording? You might look to see. If all else fails, consider renting a camera for the shoot.

SafeHarbor
      Participant

I've worked with a lot of camcorders and have yet to see one that would not provide live video output while shooting. My Canon HV20 has a menu option, as Jack mentioned, something to the effect of "DISPLAY" being either "LCD" or "LCD/AV OUT" and you would want the second option obviously.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

http://www.sharbor.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Cameras and Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2021

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN