How can I record to HF100 and send to VCR simultaneously?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders How can I record to HF100 and send to VCR simultaneously?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’m in a jam. I’m recording a deposition this week and thought I had all of the necessary equipment, but now I’m scared. I want to record with a Canon HF 100 while sending its recording/output to a VCR in realtime. I thought I could simply use the mini a/v out, but this only transmitted to the VCR when the camcorder was in playback. There was no signal when recording. Any suggestions?

Participant

I'm not familiar with the HF100 but in many cameras there is a menu option that provides for video output while recording? You might look to see. If all else fails, consider renting a camera for the shoot.

Participant

I've worked with a lot of camcorders and have yet to see one that would not provide live video output while shooting. My Canon HV20 has a menu option, as Jack mentioned, something to the effect of "DISPLAY" being either "LCD" or "LCD/AV OUT" and you would want the second option obviously.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

http://www.sharbor.com

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap