Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › General › Employment › HIRING: Video Journalist (Full-time)
Viewing 0 reply threads
November 29, 2012 at 5:22 PM #52145InvisibleChildrenParticipantWe are looking for a skilled videographer and journalist to travel to and document our newly expanded programs in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Central African Republic (CAR). In this position, you will travel to deep field locations, alongside IC program staff, to capture footage from the frontlines and gather stories from communities most affected by the LRA.<br><br>
You will spend approximately half of your time in DRC & CAR, to seek out and document recent stories of LRA-affected communities, IC’s programming, LRA atrocities and other updates from the ground. The other half of your time will be spent in our San Diego Headquarters, where you will be responsible for compiling and editing the content to distribute to supporters, donors, and the larger NGO and humanitarian communities.<br><br>
In this role, you will be breaking stories of Africa’s longest running conflict, and your work will directly impact policy related to the LRA, mobilize humanitarian assistance, and rally global support for life-saving programs in the region.<br><br>Watch a sample of our work: "The Protection Plan"<br><br>
Qualifications:The ideal candidate for this position has experience in journalism and a love for storytelling, with an emphasis on videography and filming. You must be a proactive self starter, while also being extremely adaptable and willing to travel on a day’s notice. While most your documentation is through film, you will also be responsible for creating written and photo assets.<br><br>
<br><br>Position Details:The duration of the contract is 1 year, with opportunity for renewal. The start date is immediate. In addition to the salary, the following benefits will be provided:
- French fluency is strongly preferred, and conversational French is a must
- Minimum three years of videography experience in the field
- Extensive international travel
- Must be familiar with Canon products and have a strong knowledge of video equipment handling
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, DVD Studio Pro and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work and travel independently, under the guidelines of the organization, in often insecure and extremely remote parts of central Africa
- Working knowledge of the LRA conflict and Invisible Children’s protection programs
<br><br>Application Instructions:<br><br><br><br>**Please include your demo reel. For questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Global Rescue International Medical and Security Evacuation Plan
- Housing accommodations in Kampala, Uganda at regional team house
- Vaccination, visa and work permit costs
- Per Diem for work related travel as per Invisible Children policy
- Transport using an Invisible Children vehicle and/or motorcycle where available
Viewing 0 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...