Help with Panasonic AG AC7

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, i need help with my Panasonic AG AC7. When i shoot videos it looks good when i watch the preview on the camera LCD screen. But when i put the SD card on my computer to view the video, the footage looks dark and dull . But each time i play the playback on the camera it looks great but not great on the computer . What is wrong? How can i fix it?

Thanks

Participant

A camcorder’s LCD screen will NEVER give you an accurate view of proper video levels. It’s sole purpose is to show you the picture and nothing more.
      You need to take a critical look at your footage in your edit suite (you are using a properly calibrated monitor, right?) and learn how to translate what good footage looks like there to your LCD screen.
      There’s a reason that pro camera users spend $1.000.00 or more on a properly calibrated external viewfinder/screen.

Mike

yes the LCD screens all look beautiful but then reality strikes hard once you watch it on your computer screen πŸ™‚ Don’t worry all cameras do that.
      A quick fix will be increasing the contrast in your editing software. Don’t overdue or you’ll crash the highlights, just a little more contrast should do. Your camera gives good saturated footage, and fairly sharp already: just add more contrast.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap