Help removing sun spots in a video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Just started editing a video in Adobe Premeire Elements and noticed a sun spot on the speakers jacket that was not visible to the naked eye during filming. Does anyone have suggestions for removing this in editing? Here is a link to the video on YouTube. The first clip is the one with the sun problem on his jacket, you can see that the second clip is fine because he moved out of the sun spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://youtu.be/FmUmwGdE_VM

Luis Oscar MaymiLuis Oscar Maymi
      Participant

HI Lindsay

I believe that when you key out the green and add a background the sun spots will not be that noticeable. Depending on the type of video you will make the sun spots could be use to your advantage. If you use a combination of the lens flares (mimicking the movement of the sun spots), cutaways and music it could look awesome. Also color correcting the clip could help reduce the sun spots. There are advance options such as painting the sun spots with the jacket color (in After Effects you use the clone stamp tool) which mask this very well, but is a little complicated. The video is still usable, but next time be sure to close the window and remove any reflecting objects on the set.

Hope this helps

Participant

I'm not sure what you have in elements or for software but if you do something in the way of making that footage look like 24p you could likely decrease it to a point that it doesn't show.

One trick I use for video noise sometimes is to crush the blacks and at a slight blur. So if you were to apply a "Look" to the footage and give it a little "Art" in post you could likely reduce it to the point that its no longer an issue. Since its green screen you can make this shot into any look and it still fit the purpose.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best 360 cameras available — 2020

360-degree video is a brand new medium driven by new 360 camera technology. However, its immersive qualities create unique technological challenges.
homicide-bootstrap