Help Me- Looking for video camera for Concert/Live Event

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Help Me- Looking for video camera for Concert/Live Event

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I am very new to all of this but am looking to purchase a video camera (professional quality/HD) for filming theatre shows, live concerts with varying light as you have in theatres.

My budget is $1500 roughly, I can go a little higher or lower! I need to be able to set it up, set the zoom and leave it to record for roughly 3 hours.

What I need:
      – Good quality video camera (for both YouTube and TV quality for viewing back)
      – Sound input from sound desk in theatre
      – Great battery or ability to plug into power supply and still record
      – Ability to record up to or over 3 hours of high quality footage
      – Bonus, if it also takes stills.
      – As they are theatre I cannot have start and stopping like some DSLR’s

If you can advise makes, models, advice etc it would be great as I am totally new to this and need a great camera to keep all my shows on file and for uploading to sites and burning to DVD.

Thank you for your time.

I have no experience of filming theatre but I have been comparing you requests for a Canon camcorder. I have had a Canon Legria HF G30 for videoing wildlife and would think that it may well suite your needs. It takes stills as requested during the video process and I have just tested it and it will work without a battery with its in the box battery charger used as a power supply. I have run it for more than an hour so that doesn’t appear to be a problem.

Thank you for that Don, it may be the camera for me so.
    Have you ever connected it to a sound desk?
    And is recording time good on it?
    If you have any video’s online of your recordings I would love to see them.

I posted a similar topic in Weddings & Events! Seems like low-light performance is important. Can’t wait to hear what the Videomaker community comes up with!

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap