Help me build a follow focus

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cozy

Hi all. My name is Chris. I thought I posted this but it’s not showing, so if this pops up as a double, please forgive me.

I have a kamerar single rod follow focus. I know that I need a gear ring and a 15mm rod. Other than that, I have no idea how to get this to work on my Nikon D7100. Looking at images around the web it looks like I need to mount the camera or the ff on an adapter of some sort. I have no idea what the components are that I need.

To be clear, other than the follow focus itself, the gear ring and 15mm rod, what do I need in order to mount this on my camera which will be mounted on a jib and tripod, and eventually a 2 handed camera stabilizer. Something like a freefly movi.

Thank you!

Chris

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Chris,

You may want to try here:
      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Rod-Systems/ci/12017/N/3907816580?origSearch=rod%20support

(I typed in rod support to BH’s search and that’s what came up. Alternatively you can type in baseplate to their search.)

I hope that helps! Remember BH is not the only ones who sell this stuff. There’s also Vistek in Canada, Amazon, etc.

~Adam

cozy

Thanks Copperplate! I appreciate the info. I’ll have a look at those products.

cozy

Holy crap follow focus rigs are expensive! Lol

Anonymous
      Inactive

You’re welcome 🙂 and yes, rigs tend to be expensive. I haven’t had to buy one myself yet… as my current camera has a fixed lens; but I will soon be getting an interchangeable lens one, and then I’ll have to deal with the same issues in finding all the accessories for the best price. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

When you find one you like, be sure to ask BH (or possibly on the DVXuser forum) whether it will fit your D7100 as is, or whether you’ll need a riser plate.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Production Gear’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN