Help! I need to upgrade my computers graphics card.

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Help! I need to upgrade my computers graphics card.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hello,

I am hoping I can get some advice on upgrading my computer. I am a student of architecture and I think our programs share similar requirements.

I currently have a:

HP Envy 17T-k000

Intel i7
      Intel HD 4600 Graphics ( which if i understand correctly, thats built in to the motherboard)
      16gb of ram
      1tb of memory

It runs most of my programs decently enough but hoping to get a boost, especially when rendering. Which from what i understand is mainly the processor.

I am hoping upgrading my graphics card( even though I read, I dont really have one… ) and bu doing so, see some improvement in my overall computer operations.

Wondering if there is any advice out there for my problem. Is there a external graphics card? All i see is external graphics amplifiers, I dont think that is the same thing… I dont know though.

I hear having 4gb for just graphics is pretty good, do I have that opportunity with my current laptop ?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap