help finding “scope cam”

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am looking for a camera that is small like a gopro or even better small AND the style of the contour. The camera however should have a zoom option. My goal is to mount the camera under my barrel and have it zoom in to capture the hits that reach my opponents. It does not have to be a incredibly zoomable camera. Jist one that will get out to 100 feet and show somebody close to a fullshot. We play in the woods so its not completely bright, but i also dont need. Noghtvision. I cant seem to find anything at all thats small enough. Id like it to be 1080 and have the antishake feature because i will be running around and shooting.
      Thanks.in advance to any and all replies! !!!

Participant

Check the panasonic A100 which shoots both wide field (170-degree) and a narrower field (110-degrees) in 1080.  The actual lens and sensor is contained in a barrel-like mounting that can literally be 'wrapped' on the front of the barrel.  It will also shoot 720p in slow motion.

This model is being replaced by a similar device the A500 (record head, battery in one unit tethered to the camera lens/imaging chip in a 1.5" long by about 3/4" wide barrel capped by its lens) that will do 4k capture and includes a viewable LCD on the record head.  (The A100 requires the wifi connection to view your images in real time.).

It comes with hardware for POV  (you could put it on your head ajacent to your eye if aiming for instance) video.   The item includes wifi – you can control field of view, record resolution, stopping and starting via you smart phone or tablet.

And it has image stabilization … one of the best in the industry and right now you can probably get one new for right at $200 -230.  I'm wondering what the a500 will sell for.

wavcast

Participant

Awesome, thanks for the response. Does this camera have zoom?

Participant

It has a wide (170-degree) view and a not-so-wide setting with 110-degree view.

Because it will go to 1080p  … and the lens is sharp and OIS good … you can zoom further in post.

Alternately, you could mount an extender of some sort  … likely you could adapt one of the 'telephoto' attachments they sell for iphones … but if you're shooting people 30-50 feet away I think you'll be fine using post production zoom .. .of course the newer one (A 500) with 4k 30p video would extend your post zooming capabilities significantly.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Mobile Workstation Buyer's Guide

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap