Help Choosing a Camcorder

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have been using a logitec c920 webcam to shoot video and that works fine for me, but i need something that i can take with me away from my computer. All i need is a camcorder that can shoot reliably in 720p or more at 30fps with good quality. I would also like the camcorder to be under 200 dollars(shouldn’t even be that expensive for a 720p camera). I can’t find reviews or guides on any camcorders that are 720p at all, and all of the amazon search results are sketchy chinese brands with extremely mixed reviews in broken english. It would help a lot if i could get an experienced opinion on which webcam i should buy.

Participant

I’m not 100% sure if you are looking for a camcorder or a webcam since you mention both in different places. They are very different.

But if you are looking for a camcorder, this is my two cents.

Go to B&H Photo and Video’s website and hover over the camcorder tab, then click on consumer camcorders. You’ll find the Canon Vixia HF R50 and HF R600 both in your price range. They will do what you are stating here you want to do.

I would suggest shooting in 1080p and then converting your video to 720 for upload. It will give you a better image plus the ability to re-frame in post if you want. Easily turn one camera shot into two by simply zooming in to a tighter framing in post without going under 720 resolution.

Participant

Hi,
      I am after a 4K video camera to mainly shoot concerts and live shows.
      I have a Panasonic NV-GS400 for a few years but it is now time to upgrade.

I am looking at the Sony AX 53 or Panasonics HC-WXF991 and HC-VX981 etc. My budget is about $1000.

I do need Wi fi too.

Any suggestions please?

oz

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best new video tech at CES 2019

Every year, we head to CES to check out the latest innovations in consumer technology and look for the next big thing in video production. CES 2019 was no exception.
homicide-bootstrap