Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Cameras and Camcorders › Professional Camcorders › Help Capturing & Transfering HDV/DV From XH-A1
– I recently acquired an XH A1 camera for college.
– I’ve never had to work with HDV/DV tapes until now.
– I understand the recording and capture/transfer processes for the most part after a ton of research.
– During capture with HDVSplit .77 beta, I noticed the preview window showed nothing, but a blank screen while my viewfinder on my camera was showing the footage.
– After capture was complete, I went to open said file, but it couldn’t with the media player software I owned.
– I would’ve just thought maybe I just needed to download a free media player software to play it, but when I noticed my file only said 0 bytes I was concerned. I didn’t think this was normal.
– Now I’m at a loss for what to do. I’m continuing my research, but until then I need any suggestions you can give me.
Things I Used to Transfer:
HDVSplit beta .77