Help! Camera advice

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello!

I am in search of a pro/semi-pro camcorder to use outside of work. I am a TV-Shoot/edit and am currently using the AG-AC160 from Panasonic. Not having wide experience with other cameras than Panasonic for the most part, I am wondering if anyone here could help me. 

The type of camera I am searching for has to be in the $2500-3000 range, and HAS to have buildt-in ND's, manual iris ring, xlr-inputs and preferably have a form factor that works for ENG-work. Interchangable lenses/4K recording is not a must, but a nice option.

So far, I have only found one camera that fits these needs, and that is the Panasonic HC-X1000

Does anyone have experience with the HC-X1000, or can point me to a camera you think match my criteria? Any response is appreciated.

Hi, tthomassen – you may also want to consider the $2869 4K JVC GY-HM200 (that's the price if you want it right now, you can get it for $2695 if you're willing to wait a couple of weeks).

This camera can record at up to 3840×2160 Ultra High Definition "4K', has built-in ND filters, built-in XLRs, records to dual card slots, outputs 1080p to SDI (and 4K to HDMI) and has built-in live streaming capability.

It's a brand new camera, so there isn't a lot of footage out there – but the resolution and dynamic range starting at 13:46 in this review and test (from Videoaktiv in Germany) are very nice (please watch at 2160p and your monitor's highest resolution):

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

• Viewing 1 reply thread
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Video Reference Monitor Buyer’s Guide

The best video monitors — 2020

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
    homicide-bootstrap