HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATION

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

DOES ANYONE HAVE HEADPHONES FOR USE DURING FILMING THAT THEY RECOMMEND FOR VIDEOGRAPHY FOR USE WITH A PROFESSIONAL CAMCORDER

Participant

Sony MDR7506 are one of the industry standard headphones for location recording pros.

Mike

The $77.95 Sony MDR7506s are indeed the standard, but I find headphones with thin cushions a a little uncomfortable, so I bought a set of $159 Audio Technica ATH-M50s – for more padding and better frequency response at the high end.  It was worth the extra money.

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

As you will find out, headphones are a very personal choice with everyone having their own preferences. As Bill mentioned above, the earcushions on the 7506 leave a bit to be desired which is why a lot or pro field audio folks buy the Beyerduynamic EDT 250 S soft earpads as a replacement. If you do decide to go this route, make sure you buy the real ones and not a cheap imitation. There are pro sound shops such as Location Sound, Professional Sound Services and Trew Audio that specialize in pro sound gear. If you live in or near any of these shops, I highly recomend paying them a visit. It will be well worth the trip. I bought a set of wireless mics last year and was able to save money by buying from Trew Audio as they made a number of recommendations about options that I was not aware of.

Mike

Participant

thanks for your help, I'm going to buy the audio-tech m50

Participant

Thank you, appreciate you taking the time to reply

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap