HD Mini Tapes

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

How is everyone transferring HD MiniDV tapes into the computer.  I bought the JVC DVM600 but it doesn't play HD tapes but it works fine for SD tapes.  JVC tells me to use my camera.  This is not professional what are you people doing?

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

For professional applications, it sounds like you need something like this:

http://www.adorama.com/SOHVRM35U.html?gclid=CPT78cXV3LcCFRHhQgodkU4Apg

Participant

For better HD tapes you can use Canon HDV20. Its good for HD.  SD can be converted into HD by increasing video resolution with video Super Resolution Technique.

Best Regards

Participant

I dont understand what does this have to do with my question?

Participant

I use my Canon XH-A1 camera to play-back my HD MiniDV tapes and I capture them using Sony Vegas Pro.

Participant

Using the camera is exactly what I don't want to do, it's unprofessional.

Participant

Unprofessional? Well, if you say so.

If you don't use your camera (like a lot of us) then you need a playback machine that can handle HDV. Quite expensive though and no better than using your camera.

I record on my expensive camera and download using a less expensive one. As suggested above, use an HDV20 (or 30 or 40) or by a studio machine (but that's $$$ unrealistic).

Participant

Here are some options at B and H if you don't want to use your camera. 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=HDV+video+deck&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Nikon lenses — 2021

Nikon cameras are a favorite for DSLR shooters. Nikon has their own line of lenses, but there are also some third-party options available for both F mounts and Z mounts. Here are the best Nikon lenses currently available on the...
homicide-bootstrap