Guadalupe Climb

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Not sure if it's a best shot, but it's a interesting old shot. 16 years ago my dad called and asked if I'd climb Guadalupe Peak with him. He'd done it when he was a young man, and wanted to do it one more time. I said sure, and brought an old VHS C with me. I put together a quick video afterwards and it ran where I worked at the time, CBS affiliate KENS in San Antonio. 

He passed a year ago tomorrow, and last Thanksgiving I went back up Guadalupe and cast his ashes near the summit. Here's that original video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQXgyepPxg

I love the narration, made it a lot more professional and compelling to watch. Bravo!

Your dad seems like he was a great guy.
      Can you share some technical info? (what you shot it on, recorded the audio etc)
      -3D

Participant

Thanks; he was a neat guy. Here he is getting strapped in to do some wing walking.

Jack Morgan, The Wing Walker

As to what I used–to record the Guadalupe stuff was a VHS C. Back at the station I think I had a lavalier on. I recorded the NOT onscreen v/o in an audio booth with a legitimate microphone. I edited the piece on a Stratosphere, which was a non-linear edit suite back in the mid 90s. I'm sure they went out of business. 

The Aussie was on a cross country trip. Landed in Seattle, bought a van, drove the coast then headed east and we encountered him there at Guadalupe. Exchanged addresses and he wrote me from down under. 

Awesome pic!

thats sweet πŸ˜€

do you still do editing these days?

Participant

Sure do. I have a Final Cut Express on my home computer, and have downloaded a Final Cut X on a trial basis. Will probably buy it.

Very cool, I want to try that program myself!

Participant

very nice, what do u shoot with?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best digital storage for video editors β€” 2021

As digital video resolutions increase, our need for storage increases as well. If you’re ready to step up to a new storage solution, you’re in the right place.
homicide-bootstrap