GoPro, Galaxy S5/4 or iPhone 5/6

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bill007
      Participant

Dear VideoMakers,

I am planning this winter to record my first ski videos to promote the launch of a really cool website!  I have no experience in photography and even less in videomaking.

From what I understand, smartphones can be enhanced with stabilizers, extra lenses and video editing apps to make some pretty awesome videos.  

I am on a tight budget and would like some help to choose the best video recording device for my project (ski videos).   

I have dome some research and have come up with the following options (please let me know if I missed something):

GoPro Hero3 – 1080p60 fps – 10MP Camera
      iPhone 5 – 1080p30 fps – 8MP Camera
      iPhone 6 – 1080p60 fps – 8MP Camera
      Galaxy s4 – 1080p30 fps – 13MP Camera
      Galaxy s5 – 1080p60 fps – 16MP Camera

Judging by the specs and prices the Galaxy s5 looks like a good deal.  

Are there any advantages that GoPro camera has over smartphones?

Looking forward to your input.

Thank you πŸ™‚

Will

theonecanoe
      Participant

The biggest advantage by far is that the GoPro is waterproof!  This by itself would be the main reason I'd use it on a ski slope.  Also you have more selections of resolution/frame rates…like 720P @ 120 fps( on Hero 3 Black) for smooth slo-mo effects.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders β€” 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.