GoPro, Galaxy S5/4 or iPhone 5/6

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Dear VideoMakers,

I am planning this winter to record my first ski videos to promote the launch of a really cool website!  I have no experience in photography and even less in videomaking.

From what I understand, smartphones can be enhanced with stabilizers, extra lenses and video editing apps to make some pretty awesome videos.  

I am on a tight budget and would like some help to choose the best video recording device for my project (ski videos).   

I have dome some research and have come up with the following options (please let me know if I missed something):

GoPro Hero3 – 1080p60 fps – 10MP Camera
      iPhone 5 – 1080p30 fps – 8MP Camera
      iPhone 6 – 1080p60 fps – 8MP Camera
      Galaxy s4 – 1080p30 fps – 13MP Camera
      Galaxy s5 – 1080p60 fps – 16MP Camera

Judging by the specs and prices the Galaxy s5 looks like a good deal.  

Are there any advantages that GoPro camera has over smartphones?

Looking forward to your input.

Thank you πŸ™‚

Will

Participant

The biggest advantage by far is that the GoPro is waterproof!  This by itself would be the main reason I'd use it on a ski slope.  Also you have more selections of resolution/frame rates…like 720P @ 120 fps( on Hero 3 Black) for smooth slo-mo effects.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap