Good mic for iPad for recording classes?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Sound Good mic for iPad for recording classes?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,
      This is lengthy.
      I record classes for a ministry I work for and right now we only have one class going at a time but int he fall we will have two different classes going at the same time in two rooms. Our current setup is a Canon A2 with the handle mount that has two XLR inputs. We plug in a line from a digital audio board, a Behringer X32. Our speakers use an over the ear headset mic which is plugged into a channel on the board. I am still learning digital audio and my sound input is much better this year than last.
      I have had an idea that we could use an iPad (which we already own) on a tripod to record the other class. Now I need to figure out the audio.
      There is no sound board in the room we’re using. I do not have the need for the highest quality of sound as it is one person speaking at a time in a big room, not a sound studio or booth. The woman I work for does not want to use a lav she prefers the over the ear headset because it has less line noise if our speaker moves around too much.

I currently edit our video in FCPX and adjust the audio, if necessary. I then create the DVD and I create 2 or 3 projects and cut and paste 78 minutes of audio into each of them (with a third if we go over). To make our cd’s and mp3 files for our students I export the audio tracks out of FCPX into an mp3 file and open it in Audacity and convert the two audio tracks to mono and down sample to 22kz. I export it into a 96 kbs mp3 file and they sound fine on cd and on the digital file. (the sound guy at the church helped me figure this out).

My point being that I do not need the highest quality mic just a reliable steady signal.

1. Can anyone recommend a brand or even a mic that would meet our needs?
      2. Is bluetooth an option.

Thanks,
      Sue

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap