Good Audio Editors?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      plnelson
      Participant

I'm looking for a good audio editor. I want to be able to edit, mix, clean-up, and transcode audio samples. I want to be able to adjust pitch without altering tempo, tempo without altering pitch, and to apply filters, envelopes and other modifications. I want a rich selection of plug-ins and an active user community. So far, everything I just said applies to Audacity, which is free.

But Audacity doesn't have MIDI support. I also want to be able to control features, e.g., the GSnap Plugin, with a MIDI keyboard.

I don't care if it's free but I don't want to spend anymore than I need to. What are some good, popular moderately-priced audio editors that meet my above criteria, i.e., Audacity-with-MIDI?

Thanks in advance.

rs170a
      Participant

For MIDI programs, take a look at Acid Musci Studio 10 ($60) and Acid Pro 7 ($150), both from Sony.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/acidsoftware for more info and a free trial.

Mike

Anonymous
      Inactive

here's a listing of audio editing tools.

i use Reaper for arrangment, Audacity & Sound Forge for wav editing.

http://www.brainwashaudio.com/images/DAW%20comparison.jpg

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Sound’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN