Glitchy videos, please help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys, as you can see by my question I am a total newb, but I just got a new camcorder. After taking a few shots, I uploaded the files to my computer. I can’t get Windows Movie Maker to take the files, I’m guessing because they are MPEG. But when I go to play the files back on my computer, even with VLC, they are extremely glitchy. My computer is running Win XP,
      AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+, 2.00 GHz, 1.43 GP of RAM.

The files are even more glitchy on my laptop, wich is even older then this one, it still runs Vista, Turion(tm) 64 x 2 Mobile Technology TL-602.00 GHz, 2.00GB Ram, 32 Bit Operation System.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, I am filming alot of family videos that I want to get editing on, including ones of a new addition to the family. Thanks much!!
      Glen

Participant

MPEG is highly compressed video, but Movie Maker should be able to run it.  But, from your computer specs, I'd say that your systems have reached their limit and need more processing power.  And I'm not saying that XP and Vista won't run it, but it's probably related to your hardware not being fast enough.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap