GH4 – Panasonic Lenses or Nikon Lenses with Speedbooster..?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion GH4 – Panasonic Lenses or Nikon Lenses with Speedbooster..?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

I saw some footage from the GH4 and read its specs… it looks impressive. I own a Canon 70D with some Canon glasses and the Sigma 18-35 1.8.

I was thinking about moving to Panasonic. I know that i can't use Canon lenses even with adapters. So i was wondering if it's worth buying the Panasonic lenses (the 12-35 2.8) or purchase the Nikon version of the Sigma 18-35, so i can use it with a normal adapter and with the speedbososter from metabones which would give me more field of view.

The only thing is that i read that using non Panasonic lenses you lose the optical stabilizer. Is this true?

Any suggestions about my ideas?

Thanks

PaoloG

Hi Paolo – I would trade the 70D for the GH4  ($1698 in the States).  If you can only afford one lens, get the 12-35 f2.8 ($940 in the States).

Yes, the 18-35 f1.8 with the Speed Booster is much faster, but, you are correct, you will lose image stabilization (autofocus too).

I also suggest you keep your Canon glass. Soon (I hope), Metabones will release a Canon EF to MFT Speed Booster πŸ™‚

Good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Hi Bill,

I aam planning a trip to New York next month and will purchase the GH4.I have Nikon gear and a D71000.Will I be able to use my Nikon glass with the G4? Do I need an adapter?

Do you have any opinion about the Sony A7s?

Thanks,

Tunguy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment β€” 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap