You're using a beta version of our new web site.

GH4 – Panasonic Lenses or Nikon Lenses with Speedbooster..?

Home Forums General Video and Film Discussion GH4 – Panasonic Lenses or Nikon Lenses with Speedbooster..?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  brunerww 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

paolog

Hi

I saw some footage from the GH4 and read its specs… it looks impressive. I own a Canon 70D with some Canon glasses and the Sigma 18-35 1.8.

I was thinking about moving to Panasonic. I know that i can't use Canon lenses even with adapters. So i was wondering if it's worth buying the Panasonic lenses (the 12-35 2.8) or purchase the Nikon version of the Sigma 18-35, so i can use it with a normal adapter and with the speedbososter from metabones which would give me more field of view.

The only thing is that i read that using non Panasonic lenses you lose the optical stabilizer. Is this true?

Any suggestions about my ideas?

Thanks

PaoloG

brunerww

Hi Paolo – I would trade the 70D for the GH4  ($1698 in the States).  If you can only afford one lens, get the 12-35 f2.8 ($940 in the States).

Yes, the 18-35 f1.8 with the Speed Booster is much faster, but, you are correct, you will lose image stabilization (autofocus too).

I also suggest you keep your Canon glass. Soon (I hope), Metabones will release a Canon EF to MFT Speed Booster 🙂

Good luck!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Tunguy
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I aam planning a trip to New York next month and will purchase the GH4.I have Nikon gear and a D71000.Will I be able to use my Nikon glass with the G4? Do I need an adapter?

Do you have any opinion about the Sony A7s?

Thanks,

Tunguy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.