GH4 Lens Options

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new with DSLR shooting, I have a Panasonic GH4 with a 12-35 Lumix X Lens,

My questions for all fellow videographers is:

What Lenses are great for anamorphic filmmaking (1.33x SLR Magic) when you have a low budget? ($1,000~$1,500 without the SLR Magic)

I'm looking at either the Nikon speedbooster or the canon speedbooster, which is best for the GH4 and does the Nikon speedbooster effect workflow with it being a passive adapter? (I like manually adjusting everything)

Is the 1.33x SLR Magic worth it? I don't want any black corners, just a 2.35:1 aspect ration without resolution loss and the cinematic flares.

Thank you !

Hi knightroyal – congratulations on your new camera!  I have the GH4 and love the images it can produce.

I've been looking at the SLR Magic Anamorphot for a while, and everything I've seen from Speed Booster adapted Canon and Nikon lenses has been pretty good:

But the absolute best images I've seen from the GH4 and the $899 Anamorphot have been with the $950 Nokton Voigtlander 25mm f0.95:

This lens is so fast you don't need an expensive Speed Booster – and it is 100% manual. 

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

Good comments. I am also searching for a good lens for still photography and wedding videography and short films.

Would the Anammorphot or Nokton Voigtlander 25mm work for both?  Are there any lenses w/autofocus that give the same results?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Products of the Year — 2019

2019 has seen fantastic new equipment for video production, but with a world of options at your disposal, which is the best? We carefully evaluated each new product, emphasizing its innovation, value compared to its direct competition,...
homicide-bootstrap