G30/videomic pro camera settings

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

I was wondering what settings any of you might prefer on the G30 when a Videomic Pro is attached. It hisses a little more than I was expecting it would and was wondering if there is something I am missing.

I also have an issue where the sound and video aren’t in synch when played on my windows media player, but is in synch when I play back on the camera or in premiere pro.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Participant

I have used that exact combination…Canon G30 and Rode Videomic Pro. I get excellent audio with that setup…no hiss at all. Are you using automatic audio level controls? I always use ‘manual’ audio level controls for optimum quality. Also check the settings on the Videomic itself. There is a level sensitivity switch on the back of the mic. I think it toggles through -10db, 0db, and +20db. Make sure you are not on the +20db setting. A low battery may also introduce some noise or hiss., and finally, always use headphones when rolling so you can monitor what you are recording in the field, that way you won’t get any surprises back in the editing suite.
      -Wayne

I’m glad to hear you like this combo Wayne. I am using manual settings and have the cameras Mic Level set to 25db. What do you set your cameras mic settings at for the videomic?

Cheers!

Participant

I set the mic level to manual, and as I record I often make adjustments up or down, depending on the sound levels I encounter. I never really leave it in just one position, although on the sliding scale indicator( 0 to 100) I normally keep it around the 30 mark, but tweak it so that my meters peak at around 12 to 15 db. hope that helps.
      -Wayne

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

Russ

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best Canon lenses β€” 2021

There are a number of Canon lenses on the market for both their DSLR and mirrorless cameras, these are our picks for EF, EF-S and RF mounts.
homicide-bootstrap