Fuji X-T2 vs Sony a6300 for video

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I was wondering why so much more filmic looking material is out there on Vimeo and YouTube for the Sony a6300 than there is for the Fuji X-T2. I like the Fuji better and am leaning towards buying that one. However, the Sony footage often looks more filmic. Is this because of a larger user base among video makers, internal Log capabilities or does the Fuji just really look more like video than film for some reason?

I think if I were buying now I’d get the fuji. The only thing that’s stop me is the supposed issue where fuji raw files are difficult to work with..
      http://whatphotographygear.com/cameras/best-youtube-cameras.html

I was literally just having this mental debate, which is why I came here. I started out with Canon for both stills and video (though I never upgraded past a 60D) and have since switched over to Fuji for a whole variety of reasons…and I love it!

Now, I am a huge fan of streamlining my equipment, if for no other reason than cost. Unless there’s a specific reason for needing multiple camera systems, I’d prefer not to. In light of that, I’ve been looking to sell off my Canon gear to afford the X-T2. I already use the Fuji system exclusively for most all of my work, have lenses, accessories, etc., so the X-T2 would seem like the logical choice. However, I’ve been wondering if there are any specific benefits to going Sony for a separate video setup. (Staying with Fuji for stills, definitely.)

As for the comment about apprehension over Fuji’s RAW (or RAF) files being difficult to work with, I say you needn’t worry. All RAW files will require a certain level of adjustments to get an image to a particular “baseline” for further editing. Coming from Canon, it was a little unique to get used to at first, but before long I had a good handle on what that baseline meant for my images (I use Lightroom exclusively), and now it’s not even a second thought. The more I use the Fuji X series, the most I love it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap