Freelance news videographer?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone!

Did anyone know how much to charge for freelance videography?

I’ve been contacted by a news agency who is searching for someone to cover news events in my country and I have no idea about the prices in this market.

They ask for a 3min edited video.

Regards!

Participant

There are far too many variables in your question to answer it.

Perhaps an approach for you would be to ask what the news agency is prepared to pay for a 3 minute edited video, then decide whether you’re willing to work for that amount.

Consider how much time will be involved, including travel time and costs, and calculate what that amounts to for each hour of work. Based on this you should be able to decide whether or not it’s worth the pay.

Participant

What country are you in? Makes a big difference. In some countries there will be union agreements (UK and US) which the news agencies are aware of. In the UK we have most stringers being BECTU members – and they have published rates that members use .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap