Freelance news videographer?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      exwoll

Hello everyone!

Did anyone know how much to charge for freelance videography?

I’ve been contacted by a news agency who is searching for someone to cover news events in my country and I have no idea about the prices in this market.

They ask for a 3min edited video.

Regards!

JackWolcott
      Participant

There are far too many variables in your question to answer it.

Perhaps an approach for you would be to ask what the news agency is prepared to pay for a 3 minute edited video, then decide whether you’re willing to work for that amount.

Consider how much time will be involved, including travel time and costs, and calculate what that amounts to for each hour of work. Based on this you should be able to decide whether or not it’s worth the pay.

paulears
      Participant

What country are you in? Makes a big difference. In some countries there will be union agreements (UK and US) which the news agencies are aware of. In the UK we have most stringers being BECTU members – and they have published rates that members use .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best products of 2021

Best products of 2021

With so many great products this year, we've taken the time to review the best of the best. These are our picks for the best products of 2021.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN