Formatting HD from Motion to Final Cut Pro

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Formatting HD from Motion to Final Cut Pro

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Mac OS X version 10.6.8. I am using Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 and Motion 2.1.2.  This is my first time trying to export HD out of Motion to Final Cut Pro and when I do I looks like it will not fill up the screen.  Am I using a wrong format.  The TV I would like to play this on is Full HD 1080p.  What should I do? 

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

It sounds like your project settings in Motion don't match your sequence settings in FCP. Are they both 1080p?

Inactive
      Inactive

After posting the comment above I did start again with opening a new document in AVCHD and using 1080p; that is the soultion… So. Stephen, provably you should try to open the doc in FCP with the parameters Mike suggested!

Thanks, anyhow

Participant

Thanks guys I think I have it now.

Participant

OK new problem with this project.  I have exported my QickTime Mov it is 44.5 MB Dimensions:1920X1080 Codecs: DV/DVCPRO -NTSC Color profile :SD(6-1-6) Total Bit Rate 28.771.  When I look at it on DVD St. Pro it apears to be the size that I wanted but looks really grainy for something I am trying to do in HD.  What am I doing wrong.  This time I exported from motion.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap