Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › Formatting HD from Motion to Final Cut Pro
- June 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM #65728
I have a Mac OS X version 10.6.8. I am using Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 and Motion 2.1.2. This is my first time trying to export HD out of Motion to Final Cut Pro and when I do I looks like it will not fill up the screen. Am I using a wrong format. The TV I would like to play this on is Full HD 1080p. What should I do?
- June 8, 2013 at 6:41 PM #207709Mike WilhelmKeymaster
It sounds like your project settings in Motion don't match your sequence settings in FCP. Are they both 1080p?
- June 12, 2013 at 6:57 AM #207779AnonymousInactive
- June 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM #207782AnonymousInactive
After posting the comment above I did start again with opening a new document in AVCHD and using 1080p; that is the soultion… So. Stephen, provably you should try to open the doc in FCP with the parameters Mike suggested!
- June 18, 2013 at 5:36 PM #207926
Thanks guys I think I have it now.
- June 19, 2013 at 6:06 PM #207944
OK new problem with this project. I have exported my QickTime Mov it is 44.5 MB Dimensions:1920X1080 Codecs: DV/DVCPRO -NTSC Color profile :SD(6-1-6) Total Bit Rate 28.771. When I look at it on DVD St. Pro it apears to be the size that I wanted but looks really grainy for something I am trying to do in HD. What am I doing wrong. This time I exported from motion.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.