Formatting HD from Motion to Final Cut Pro

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Formatting HD from Motion to Final Cut Pro

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a Mac OS X version 10.6.8. I am using Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 and Motion 2.1.2.  This is my first time trying to export HD out of Motion to Final Cut Pro and when I do I looks like it will not fill up the screen.  Am I using a wrong format.  The TV I would like to play this on is Full HD 1080p.  What should I do? 

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

It sounds like your project settings in Motion don't match your sequence settings in FCP. Are they both 1080p?

Inactive
      Inactive

After posting the comment above I did start again with opening a new document in AVCHD and using 1080p; that is the soultion… So. Stephen, provably you should try to open the doc in FCP with the parameters Mike suggested!

Thanks, anyhow

Participant

Thanks guys I think I have it now.

Participant

OK new problem with this project.  I have exported my QickTime Mov it is 44.5 MB Dimensions:1920X1080 Codecs: DV/DVCPRO -NTSC Color profile :SD(6-1-6) Total Bit Rate 28.771.  When I look at it on DVD St. Pro it apears to be the size that I wanted but looks really grainy for something I am trying to do in HD.  What am I doing wrong.  This time I exported from motion.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2020

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and...
homicide-bootstrap