Football quality

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I am currently shooting football games on a canon vixia hf r60 and using an SDHC 32gb card.
      I start and stop play by play to have individual files.
      I upload to dropbox to get the video to the coaches but the quality suffers.

What are my options for the easiest/fastest way to distribute the original high quality to the coaches. Their goal is to watch it on a large tv and pause and rewind frequently.

thanks,
      K Dunn

Participant

It’s the formats that set the quality – so what format are you uploading them as?

Not sure what you mean by format.
      The files are .MTS files
      The video camera is set on AVCHD. I transfer the files from the sd card to my computer and then drag and drop them into dropbox. They look great on my screen.
      What I think is happening is that the coaches are watching the files on dropbox and not downloading them and then watching.
      I tried pulling the files into a video editing software and outputting to dvd. When I played it it was all compressed looking.
      Any thoughts on how to produce the best image? Do I need to convert the video files before recording to dvd?

Participant

You’re going to need to ask the coaches how they’re viewing the footage. Dropbox does have a player but the quality is low res. .MTS files can be viewed with Media Player, but you probably should combine the files in an NLE and render out an MP4. I shoot lacrosse games and before transferring the footage to the contractor, convert them into an MP4 at a relatively low bit rate, around 4 Mbps in Adobe Premiere Pro. That keeps the size of the files manageable.

You might want to take a look at Hudl, http://www.hudl.com/ an online coaches viewing platform.

Quality also depends on video in which format it will be created or camera quality also matters see live sport high quality video http://googgl.me/nkQzp

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2020

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers...
homicide-bootstrap