Floo – A New Video Editing System

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mokahola
      Participant

Hey!

I am working on a project which targets to provide a new way of video editing. The system is designed for the earlier stages of the editing process where a story needs to be created with the available content. I target to more involve the different people involved with the movie in the actual process of making the rough cut and letting any of them contribute to the shaping of the story. I believe that such a system can make the editing process more creative through discussion and play resulting in a more explorative and social way of editing.

As a teaser I made the movie below and I would like to hear your thought on this concept. Hope you enjoy!

I will be prototyping several modules in the coming month, but this is still a lot of work, so I will give you an update when I am that far! Any feedback, remarks, comments, questions or suggestions are very much appreciated!

Regards,

Terence

MARK11
      Participant

Sounds great! Been thinking along these lines for awhile…using mixed media and formats to make a nop-low bud indie genre feature. Real experimental stuff. More image-sound driven then a lot of dialogue to reach global audiences.

Keep at it.

Great idea!

MARK

MT1111@LIVE.COM

Erin
      Participant

[quote=mokahola]

Hey!

I am working on a project which targets to provide a new way of video editing. The system is designed for the earlier stages of the editing process where a story needs to be created with the available content. I target to more involve the different people involved with the movie in the actual process of making the rough cut and letting any of them contribute to the shaping of the story. I believe that such a system can make the editing process more creative through discussion and play resulting in a more explorative and social way of editing.

As a teaser I made the movie below and I would like to hear your thought on this concept. Hope you enjoy!

I will be prototyping several modules in the coming month, but this is still a lot of work, so I will give you an update when I am that far! Any feedback, remarks, comments, questions or suggestions are very much appreciated!

Regards,

Terence

[/quote]

sounds interetsing. So let me put in this way, you want to create a process that allows a group of people come up with an movie idea, and make videos together right? 

mokahola
      Participant

Sound intriguing, how do you currently go about when doing such experimental stuff? (I assume you do a lot of exploring and trials) 

mokahola
      Participant

Yes, I am trying to stimulate more collaboration in the process of defining how a movie is told during the editing process. This does not mean coming up with the actual movie concept, but with ideas of how the movie could be edited. There is often a lot of content: different takes, angles or other unplanned shots that can be combined in different ways, resulting in different stories, emotions or messages. This is something I believe can be better done in a group where discussion leads to exploration and new opportunities. With this system this discussion leads to a first edit with which the editor can continue. In this scenario the editor is also not the only one who decides how the movie is presented, making it less likely for big changes to be requested later on by, for example, the client.

Erin
      Participant

I get your point. Most good ideas are from a bright idea further discussed by a group of people. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Editing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap