Filming Fireknife Competition [Need Advice]

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

First thing Aloha my name is Brandyn and this is my first post to VM forum

You can skip this part
      Before i get started with the post let me tell you about myself, I’m a college graduate from IADT Nashville International Academy of Design and Technology with a BAS in digital media and animation. because of my wife we decided to move from Tennessee to Hawaii to be closer with her family, in do so i kinda shot myself in the foot since there no work out here that in my career field so i decide in early 2016 to open my own freelance video editing business and hoping to make it grow into a film production studio.

In early 2015 i became a client to ‘Ōlelo Community Media is a none profit organization that takes people from the community and teaches them how to be film makers so they can share there ideas on Olelo tv channel. i do allot of free video editing work for Olelo in hope of finding clients and adding quality content to my portfolio.
      End of my info

Olelo wants to film the World Fireknife Competition that is being hosted through the polynesian cultural center http://www.polynesia.com this is one of the type of content i want on my portfolio and I’m not just going to be editing the footage from the event but also going to lead videographer for the event. i want to shoot the highest quality of footage that the cameras we are using but i never did anything like this before, we going to be shooting dusk to night about 7PM to 9PM with no lighting equipment only lighting going to be coming from the fires that going to be used and lighting from the venue we going to be shooting with 2 Sony NX5U’s. i don’t know at the moment what sound equipment we going to be using, all equipment is provided from Olelo.

So any advice and tips and tricks would help

Mahalo
      Brandyn

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap