Field Monitors

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Media Mark

A little confusion here. I’m looking into field monitors. Shooting Sony A7SII. HDMI out to monitor. My camera has all the functions I want in a monitor. Do these functions pass through to any monitor? Such as Peaking, Zebra, etc. Or does the monitor need these features to work? Will a cheap monitor possess the camera functions?

I plan to eventually get an Atomos Assassin for this as well external recording. But in the meantime looking for a decent 7″ monitor for focus pulling with manual lenses.

The A7SII does a decent job with Peaking, but my cine-rig is not conducive to viewing on the camera screen.

Any suggestions or help on this?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.