Feeling lost with a complicated situation – any help would be appreciated

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Professional Camcorders Feeling lost with a complicated situation – any help would be appreciated

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Erez
      Participant

Hi all.

I'm about to shoot in a massive water war. sure enough everything is going to be extremly wet… including yours truly. I need a high FPS camera for all the splashing. GoPro is not an option, it needs to be super fine.

At first i wanted to use the sony f5 or fs7 for the 10Bit 4:2:2 but the rental services in my area doesn't have the right covers and are not excited to use other methods of wrapping.

So the GH4 can produce 96fps in 10bit 4:2:2 with external recording. but in some examples i've seen on Youtube the 96fps mode can produce very (!) soft images with low details, but in others examples it looks great ->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OBBiuwsz_M

So, what would you do in this situation? is there someone here with an extensive experience with the gh4? what camera would you use? how would you protect it? what optics? (considering it's bright daylight)

i would be grateful for any advice.

Erez.

Mike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

If there's no risk of the camera being completely submerged in water, as in if you're not going to be IN a body of water, I'd just make a DIY camera cover out of trash bags and gaffer's tape.

The mixed results you're seeing on the GH4 likely has to do with a huge variety of lenses being used. Being a budget camera, people are using some serisously budget lenses. Much less common on the F5.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Professional Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

How to buy a camera — 2021

While we have more options and more technology than ever before; buying a new camera has never been more difficult. It’s not just that there are dozens of cameras to choose from, it’s that each one offers something different,...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.