Feedback on Video

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Created another video and wanted some feedback please.

I went to cover this event.

Thanks!

http://houstonsvoice.com/2013/09/23/live-streaming-shine-a-light-on-human-trafficking/

Events are tough, because they tend to be no more than talking heads. The film can come across as a series of interchangeable faces, and I have found it difficult to hold an audience's attention for more than thirty seconds or so.

If you created the piece for an organization that is trying to raise money from the mayor, or the congressional rep, it can work pretty well, but it may not raise the awareness of a general audience or generate any enthusiasm on their part for the cause.

If it were me (and, of course, it's not), I'd probably do short bites of the event itself and cutaway to visual evidence of what the politicians are talking about–pictures or video of victims, a graphic or two with some provocative statistics. If I could get a victim telling their story, I'd cut that in with the politicians. I'd be looking for a story to tell, so I could hold an audience for six or seven minutes.

I hope that helps!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap