Fascinating (VR?) camera seen in Barcelona . . .

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      plnelson
      Participant

I was in Barcelona a few days ago on vacation shooting fishing boats and similar craft.  All my life I've had a romantic love affair with the work-a-day "blue collar" vessels like cargo ships fishing boats, barges, tugboats, etc, instead of more glamorous yachts and cruise ships.    And I stumbled upon some guys working on something that looked like a movie camera with too many lenses.

I got off one shot before some of them saw me and demanded I delete the photo, which I did but then un-deleted it later.    I believe they're with Unit Nine in the UK.  It looks like a prototype VR camera based on an array of Red Dragon 6K's.    If so this is a very exciting development because VR is becoming hot and a new medium for documentary filmmaking.  (check out VSRE's NY-Times-produced "Walking New York").  But most of the current VR cameras are arrays of prosumer devices like GoPro's.    Red Dragon 6K's would definitely up the cinematic ante for VR.

(I noticed that I can't seem to post an image to Videomaker forum postings, just HTML links.  Is there anyplace an I can post my photo of this beast?)

farmerkjs
      Participant

I use photo bucket to upload images.

Posting it may not be a good idea if they wanted you to delete it

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Stock media: How to find and use the best stock photos, videos, music and more

Acquiring stock media and editing it into your project is very often faster, cheaper and much more convenient than creating that media yourself.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN