Fabric/Frame Purchasing Suggestions for Greenscreen

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums General Video and Film Discussion Fabric/Frame Purchasing Suggestions for Greenscreen

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Hi!

I was looking for purchasing suggestions for actual fabric that is good for green screening. Also knowing ‘frames’ for the screen would be great. I would like the names of the products as well as where to get them.

I was thinking of:

Something a few feet by a few feet that could hang behind the subjects head and be used for matting in newscast style recording.

Something about fifteen feet by twelve feet for making ‘full size’ green screen for multiple people such as matting them to a different background or doing stuff like iPod parodies.

Something huge for putting a parked car into and using the green-screen to simulate it being driven down the road with the camera used for both interior and exterior ‘stunt’ shots- which are now safer since the car isn’t moving.

Ideas?

Inactive

rl,
      Check out http://www.chroma-key.com/chroma_key_special.html for green or blue fabric by the yard.
      Also, check out http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/303024-REG/Botero_C02657__026_5x7_Collapsible_Background.html for a small collapsable background.
      Good luck, πŸ™‚
      Ken Hull

Participant

On a budget, I just went to Wal-Mart’s fabric section and found green screen colored material and got about 10 yards of that.

It cost me $1.85/yd. I looked at some of the bigger chains but I could find the right color. It figure wally world would have it.

brandon0409 Wrote:

On a budget, I just went to Wal-Mart’s fabric section and found green screen colored material and got about 10 yards of that.

It cost me $1.85/yd. I looked at some of the bigger chains but I could find the right color. It figure wally world would have it.

Thank you Brandon.

Participant

For a nice stand and roll of chroma green fabric, imagewest.tv has some, and I know you can this kit it other places as well:

http://www.imagewest.tv/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=13

judging from the picture however, the fabric looks pretty thin. This type of set-up is pretty nifty and portable in my opinion, and may be something worth considering as well.

Inactive

I’ll second the vote for wallyworld.
      As far as a frame goes, I made one from PVC pipe and connectors. Mine is only about 6 feet wide. (I have only used once to record one person in a field reporter role.) It’s light-weight and collapsable, but you probably wound not want to try to go 15 feet wide with it. You could probably construct a sturdier frame from black pipe that you can get at the hardware store or home center.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap