Extracting Audio

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I am working on a video and the Audio is far to quite, I asked the client if they had any Audio files seperate from the video files and this was the reply.

"The microphones are tied to the different audio channels of the footage.  Typically one will be ambient and another will be a microphone.  You should be able to separate them and adjust the microphone."

Usually I will have seperate Audio files to work with, so this is kind of new to me. Anyone help me out on this one? I am using Adobe Premiese CS5.5

Participant

My answer depends on if you are using a PC or a mac, there is a tool called AOA audio extractor

available, that I have used for a couple of years now, the basic version is free and will extract audio from any of my video files as (your choice) MP3 or wave files.  found it at MajorGeeks.com a graet download site

Participant

Looking at the PPRo edit screen, on your left you have a tab called 'effects.' in the aduio folder is an effect called 'channel volume.' Drag that to your audio line in your timeline and then, in the 'effect controls' panel at the top (right of the project panel), you will have the ability to gain and attenuate your channel volumes. If that isn't enough, you can also rebalance your audio left/right using the 'audio mixer' tab beside the 'effect control' tab.

Participant

In Cyberlink PowerDirector you right click on the clip in the Media Library and chose Extract Audio. Ckeck the User Manual for your editing program for something similar

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2020

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap