external mic for a JVC HDD GZ-HD7U camera

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been working with a local band in Worcester,Mass.I shot a live performance a few weeks back and although the audio came out good  would like to improve it for the next gig if I get invited to shoot them again.Here is a link to my you tube page og their performance.The other thing  is the lighting which I had no control over.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0XGZTjsHXs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBa3jGJCMlZs6p22MHRi5eA

Please let me know if there are any mics for this camera that will get better sound.

Bradley, in this situation wouldn't it be better to connect to the band's sound board? They already (presumably) have the best mix they can get; you can get a decent Zoom or Tascam field recorder for less than a good microphone.

Then you have a backup sound track as well; you can drop or add whichever (camera or external) audio track best fits your footage.

Or, …at least that's how I would  go at it. Then maybe get a higher-end on-camera shotgun mic later on, if money allows.

Participant

Mark.Thank you for your input.It is much appreciated.I will talk to my friend who is the singer/guitarist, I think he has a mixer I can plug into.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap