ex3 mp4 media files importable

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Guys

Hope you can help.

I recently received footage shot on a sony ex3. The camera recording settings were set to mp4.

I downloaded the media files but am unable to hear the audio when using vlc or any other media player. I tried to import file to adobe premiere pro and it failed. I tried Mpeg streamclip again it failed.

What could be the problem? and how do I fix it?

mp4 is a container for video and audio. Not all mp4s are equal. You might try running the footage through Handbrake (it’s free) to render a usable version. Or, see if Sony has a download available for converting video from the ex3.

Participant

Did you get just the mp4 files or did you get a folder with the contents of the entire card (preferred)?

Mike

Participant

In order to convert and import MP4 to Avid, iDealshare VideoGo is the first choice. With this MP4 to Avid converter, you can effortlessly encode MP4 files to Avid Media Composer for editing. This software runs fast, so you can convert your source MP4 footages to Avid in less time, and video and audio synchronization is perfectly guaranteed. Meanwhile, this MP4 to Avid converter can create files compatible with various editing systems like FCP, FCE, iMovie, and Adobe Premiere (Pro), etc. Now just download the program and achieve your goal smoothly.

The Sony PXW-EX3 recorded video to SxS memory card in MP4 container file format with MPEG-2 compression codec, for the SP (HDV) format, it uses a MPEG MP@HL-1440 standard, while for the HQ format, it uses a MPEG MP@HL, Final Cut Pro can ingest and export XDCAM EX3 MP4 files using third-party Sony XDCAM Transfer software. For playing PXW-EX3 MP4 files on VLC or other media player app, you will need to use some video conversion app that’s capable of handling this format such as Pavtube Video Converter to get your wanted format.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap