Event coverage camera question

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      stumpie

Not sure if this is in the right forum or not…

I’m trying to film a race using 3 cameras;
      1 that is out on the course
      1 in a commentators box
      1 in the event village start/finish

I am using Xsplit Broadcaster to stream live to YouTube.

1 – I have worked out that using the Xsplit Broadcaster I can screen capture the live Youtube footage from the DJI Stick – not ideal but it works.
      2 – I have an SJ4000 action cam that works for the commentator box (better than a standard webcam).

3 – I’m stuck with how to cover the event village… for a couple of reasons. I can’t seem to find a camcorder that will feed/stream direct into Xsplit and the ones I can are connected via cable so I have a limitation in how far I can travel away from my laptop…

What we are thinking of doing is erecting a platform above the laptop high enough so that somebody can be up there with a handycam and simply use the zoom function on the camera to cover the event village… this would then connect via a USB or ethernet cable to my laptop.

**** So my question is – are there any camcorders or cameras out there that will have what I think of as an AV out that I can get Xsplit to receive? ****

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘DIY’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN