Equipment to view live video stream on laptop

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello

I'm looking for the equipment and software to view a live video stream from a camera/camcorder on my laptop screen and record it at the same time.

The camera/camcorder will be placed inside an industrial machine and should be connected via cables (approximately 30ft) to the laptop.

I want to mount the camera on a motorized pan head and would like to control some camera functions, like optical zoom, via the laptop or a separate remote.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike WilhelmMike Wilhelm
      Keymaster

The equipment depends on what kind of computer and camcorder you have, but I'd recommend using something from Blackmagic's Intensity line. From there you should be able to capture directly to any pro-level software like Premiere, Avid, Final Cut, or Vegas.

However, if you want a really pro setup, you might want to takea  look at something like the TriCaster 40.

Participant

Cameras in HDV mode aren't supported by Procaster with a free or Premium Livestream account. To stream in HD, you would need to install an HD capture card [something from the Blackmagic Decklink series, for example] and connect your camera to it via HDMI or HD-SDI. You can find more info here: livestream.com/userguide/…sing_Procaster.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap