Equipment to shoot from a moving car

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi

I have been recording trips on the road from my car. My new car is a Land Rover Discovery diesel and it vibrates more than my older car. I have mounted the HD videocam on industrial quality roof bars using a Manfrotto 035 Super Clamp and a 155 Double Ball Joint Head. The setup is very rigid but as the car creates vibrations I have tried to absorb vibration by using 15m pipe insulation over the roof bar. It does improve the recording- slightly. I have tried mounting the camera on the bonnet using a suction mount. the trouble is that the bonnet vibrates more than the bar fitting.  Strangely, there is less vibration when the car is driven in lower gear.

Has anyone any ideas as to how to reduce the shaky foootage at source. I prefer shooting with the camera outside of the vehicle.

Hi ggeoff – to get smooth video from a rough ride, you will have to do what the helicopter guys do – use something like this £350 brushless 3-axis gimbal with motors and controller.

You will, of course, have to adapt it from from handheld to a suspended car mount with something like this £114 ProAim camera gripper mount.

Hope this is helpful!

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

Participant

you can use semi pro rig kits to shoot a moving car. i have car camera rig kits and accessories. if you are intrested then let me knoe. here are some of my rig shots

car camera rig shot

Participant

You could try using the Comodo Orbit handheld, mechanically stabilzed, twin handled rig. I've seen some shots made from a jungle-bound jeep and from a gyro-copter, using this rig, and it produces pretty good results without the need or cost of going to full 3-axis electronic stabilization. See http://www.comodorigs.com for more information and distributed in the US by MAC Group.

Inactive

I too love to record while on trips but same here, the videos do not go perfect. In a moving car images will surely little bit vibrant. Thanks for asking for suggestions. I think you must concern a guy having much more idea on cameras and video making tools. Also it is possible to make your videos clear by using some software or tools.  http://www.creativeeventservices.com/super-booth

You may visit the above. Keep sharing.

Participant

You could try something like i use on my quadcopter.
    http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Vibration-Anti-Jello-Isolator-Profile/dp/B00BS4FDWW

Participant

Really nice tools that you have shared with us for shooting during moving car. This things only looks good in the games or movies, in reality its not as easy job as we think. Anyways, do you know, Porsche is just beginning its development of the entire 911 sports coupe family, a completely new, 992th generation, as more and more derivatives of its models are beginning to appear recently. One of them will be a racetrack-oriented version of the GT3, which was recently caught by foreign “spies” in its natural habitat on the Nurburgring racetrack. Far from a production-ready prototype, some tricky camouflage, which completely hid the body, was obtained, although at first glance the car carzaamin(.)com/blog/honda-city-for-sale-in-lahore-pakistan/ could look almost unamouflaged. Without a shadow of doubt, the massive wing behind attracts most of the attention to this prototype. In particular, the mounting brackets are unusually large and thick, but it can be a plastic case that serves as a disguise to hide the final look of these elements. The German coupe also has a spoiler, and the rear bumper diffuser is missing. The third brake light is not built into the wing, as is likely to be on the production model. On the headlights, there is noticeably more camouflage, where the fake stickers mask clusters well, although we do not expect them to be different from those that can be seen on the new 911. The bumper hides its powerful air intakes under the black ribbon, and inside the seats is a safety cage. Porsche will not electrify its GT-series cars, so the next iteration of the 911 GT3 will get the traditional engine. It is assumed that the heart of the car will be aspirated inline “six” volume of 4.0 liters. Thanks

Participant

Car suction mount absorb all vibration from the vehicle.  

Go for car suction mount, it holds the camera securley and shoot incredibliy though moving car. Last month I bougt Filmcity car mount, it holds camera firmly. I bought this in order order to shoot stunts, some car action shoots and results which i got from this are really awesome. Purchased this from proaimshop.

• Viewing 6 reply threads

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2020

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
    homicide-bootstrap